Saturday, November 7, 2009

Adelynn's Second Week Home

(Click the picture to see more adorable photos of Adelynn and family)

Wow, what a crazy week! I went back to work for the first time this last week. It was tough leaving Amber and Adelynn at home but Amber's mom (Nita) was here to help out while I was gone. We've received lots of texts, visits, and phone calls from all of our friends and family and we want you to know we appreciate the conversation and words of encouragement. We also REALLY appreciate the meals being delivered by everyone. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to work all day and then come home and try to cook dinner, play with Adelynn, love on Amber and rest before Adelynn's nightly "I'm awake and I dare you to try to put me to sleep time." Amber's been really good about letting me sleep as much as possible but sometimes one person just can't handle everything.
Amber, by the way, is doing great! She's beginning to get more active and hurting less from the trauma (mildly stated) of labor and delivery. As for me, I've developed a slight twitch in my right eye, right leg, left ear, and the little toe on my right foot from the long nights and ear piercing screaming that this little girl can produce....but I'm a trooper and only whine when Adelynn is sleeping, nursing, or otherwise occupied by her bouncy seat.
Adelynn is doing great as well. She went to the doctor last Thursday for a follow up on her 1 week appointment. Everything the nurse said was good news. She has gained back the half pound she lost in the first week, plus an additional half pound. The little squirt is up to 9lbs 6oz and strong as an ox, seriously, I can barley pin her down while trying to change her diaper. I had to use a UFC move that John Pribble taught me after an especially heinous dirty diaper this week, she sqealed, but when it was all over she knew who was boss......she was. Anyway, the doctor said we could stop the 2 hour feedings and go back to 3 - 4 hours and let her sleep all she wants at night (which is about 3 hours, 4 if we're lucky).
Please continue to comment on the blog. I fixed the problem with the pictures not linking to the website, and Amber and I hope to post some short video clips and more pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the memories this brings back!!! I have read this numerous times, also reading it to grandma Bybee since they do not get the internet. Dad and I talked quite a bit after reading this and we seem to remember the high pitched screams, the fights for who would be in charge, of course dad does not remember the dirty diapers (he never changed one, his stomach was to weak, Ha),.....etc. You were a night baby, there were a LOT of nights you were not up because you were hungry or had colic, you were just AWAKE. you wanted to talk or play. You discovered a lot of 'OOOOOHHH' things in this new world you had just entered (in the middle of the night).That was just too cute!!! LOL!! We are still carrying some of the effects of our "baby years" You know gray hair, but lots of sweet sweet memories. Enjoy everything (yes even the crying) while you can, you have no idea how fast she will grow up. What a Sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete